What is light in the grove
A magical celebration of Reunion, Remembrance, and Renewal in the National AIDS Memorial Grove. Held annually on November 30th, the eve of World AIDS Day, it is our largest annual fundraising event. The night is a unique and inspiring experience that is consistently recognized as one of the Bay Area’s best LGBTQ+ community fundraising events.
Why is Light in the Grove Important?
All proceeds directly support the mission and programs of the National AIDS Memorial. These programs range from scholarships for young activists to outreach honoring lives lost and preventing future harm. Our work helps ensure that the lives of people who died from AIDS are not forgotten and the story of AIDS is known by future generations - so that never again will a community be harmed because of fear, silence, discrimination, or stigma.
BRING YOUR LIGHT
Each year, because of the generosity of our community, Light in the Grove is our largest fundraising event with 100% of your personal donation supporting the mission of the National AIDS Memorial. Your support ensures that our powerful public programs remain strong. including the ongoing care of our beloved 10-acre National AIDS Memorial Grove and the 50,000 panels of the AIDS Memorial Quilt.
Thank you for joining us for this one-of-a-kind, breathtaking experience, recognized twice as the Bay Area's best fundraising event. This magical nighttime community reunion in nature, surrounded by friends, light, music and art included:
- A champagne or sparkling beverage stroll, under the evening sky, through the magnificence of the magically-lit Grove
- Beautifully illuminated pathways with brilliant, colorful light displays, imaginative artistic features, and enchanting dance and musical performances
- Gourmet hors d'oeuvres and dinner stations, along with sumptuous desserts and open bar throughout the evening
- Our traditional, moving candlelight reflection at the Circle of Friends
- Sections of the AIDS Memorial Quilt, beautifully displayed
- Inspirational reflections from featured guest speakers during a short program
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2023
NATIONAL AIDS MEMORIAL GROVE
NANCY PELOSI DRIVE & BOWLING GREEN DRIVE
GOLDEN GATE PARK
A MESSAGE FROM OUR PARTNER, SAN FRANCISCO AIDS FOUNDATION
A MESSAGE FROM OUR PARTNER, CHEVRON