host the quilt
The National AIDS Memorial works with hundreds of partners across the country to orchestrate more than 1,000 displays every year in schools, universities, places of worship, corporations and community centers. On World AIDS Day, December 1st of each year, more than 1/2 of the Quilt goes on display around the nation.
To request to host the Quilt in your community please contact .
Please keep the following general requirements for display (exceptions may be granted only in special circumstances):
- All displays must be indoors
- Display area should be regularly monitored and secured when display hosts/security is unavailable
- Quilt must be hung; it may not be laid out on the floor
- The area where the Quilt will be hung should measure at least 12 ft. by 12 ft.
Request the AIDS Memorial Quilt display application via e-mail: email@example.com
Request the Application via U.S. Mail
Write us at the address below requesting a display application and we’ll send one by postal mail
Make sure to include your name and address
Mail your completed application and your cover letter (on the sponsoring organization’s letterhead) along with your deposit check to:
National AIDS Memorial
ATTN: Display Applications
130 Doolittle Drive
San Leandro, CA 94577
Please be complete when filling out your application! All of the information requested is required, including the diagram of your proposed display area.
Once your application has been received our Display Coordination team will process it and email:
* A letter confirming receipt of your application and explaining what to expect next and when
* A Letter of Agreement (Contract) which must be signed and returned before the Quilt can ship.
* An information packet that includes: an installation guide, How to Fold the Quilt instructions, a display invoice and a W-9 form for the National AIDS Memorial.
Should you need assistance at any point in the display application process or have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
REQUEST A PANEL
If you would like to make a special request for a specific Quilt section/block to be included in an upcoming scheduled display, please email email@example.com. A confirmation email will be sent to you advising whether we can guarantee fulfillment of your request at this time. Requests are dependent on the panel/block availability and whether the upcoming Quilt display host can accommodate your request.
You can also view Quilt panels and blocks online through our Interactive AIDS Quilt.
At the National AIDS Memorial we are always working to ensure public accessibility to both the AIDS Memorial Quilt and to the individual stories of the men, women and children who have lost their lives to this epidemic.
Each year more than 1,000 Quilt displays take place throughout the country. Below is a listing of all current and upcoming displays below.