host the quilt
The National AIDS Memorial collaborates with countless partners across the country to orchestrate hundreds of displays every year in public schools, universities, places of worship, corporations and community centers. On World AIDS Day, December 1st of each year, a major portion of the Quilt is on display around the nation.
If you are interested in bringing the Quilt to your community, please consider the following when completing the application below (exceptions may be granted under special circumstances):
- All displays must be indoors
- Display area shall be monitored when open and secured when display hosts/security is unavailable
- Quilt shall be suspended. Other methods of display may be considered on a case by case basis.
- The display area should measure at least 12.5 ft. by 12.5 ft.
Once your application has been received and processed, our Display Coordination team will email:
- A letter confirming approval of your application
- A Letter of Agreement (Contract) which must be signed and returned before the Quilt can ship
- An information packet including an Installation Guide, How to Fold instructions, an Invoice and a W-9 form
Should you need assistance at any point in the display application process or have any questions, contact Brian Holman, Display Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
REQUEST A PANEL
To request a specific NAME or Block Number be included in an upcoming scheduled display, please email Brian Holman, Display Coordinator, at email@example.com. A confirmation email will be sent advising whether the request can be fulfilled at that time. Requests are honored on a first come, first serve basis, as well as the availability of the Block and the ability of the Quilt display host to accommodate the request.
You can also view the Quilt online through our Interactive AIDS Quilt. Simply type a NAME or Block Number in the search bar.
At the National AIDS Memorial we are always working to ensure public accessibility to both the AIDS Memorial Quilt and to the individual stories of the men, women and children who have lost their lives to this pandemic.
While Quilt displays are limited at this time due to COVID-19 restrictions, please visit our 50-state AIDS Memorial Quilt Virtual Exhibition to experience the power and beauty of the Quilt online.